Friday, January 27, 2012

Security Guard

Every time I drive into the parking garage at SLU, I think that the security guard must have the dullest job. They sit in a glass box and just watch people come and go. They don't take tickets and there is no computer to waste time with. They literally just sit there. I don't know how they don't fall asleep.

I have also noticed that these parking garages are definitely not mini-van friendly. It is a tight squeeze. One of my new classes is across campus, so I am parking in a different garage. I am pretty sure that I made the security guards night last night.

As I am pulling up to the gate, I make a sharp turn and immediately my back tire bumps into the median curb - I can't pull forward. I think, "fine, I will just back up and straighten the van out so I can go through." I start to back up and then me front tire hits it and I can't move anymore without some serious damage. So I pull forward and my back tire hits. I am sure you can see where this is going. The WHOLE time the security guard is just watching me and trying to stifle his laugh as I am going back and forth. It was mortifying. It took me a solid five minutes (of sheer embarrassment) to finally maneuver the van so I could get through the gate without hitting the median.

I am glad I made someone's night a little more enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment