Monday, November 21, 2011

Crows

Actual picture of church tonight taken by C.T. - check out the tree!


Every year a large group of crows "rests" in our church's trees. I don't know if they are headed south, or, really, if they are actually crows. What I do know is that they are large, black and number in the hundreds. They congregate around mid-November and stay to mid-December. Going to any meeting at church turns into a scene from Hitchcock's The Birds. It is CREEPY.

Creepiness, though, is not the problem. The problem is the incredible amount of poop they produce. I was blissfully unaware of this issue until last year. Last year, I wandered into the church for an evening event. As I walked in, I looked up and thought, "wow, there are a lot of birds in those trees." And went on my way inside. I quickly forgot about them - until I left. It was late when I left. I stepped outside and the door slammed behind me. In that instant, I realized I was S.O.L. (literally). As the slam reverberated through the air, a huge mass of birds took flight. I was fair game and without an umbrella. I took off in a run with poop flying at me from every angle. It hit my clothes, my purse, my hair, and, worst of all, my face. I had to drive home with it running down my forehead.

This year, I was smarter. I quietly closed the door and tiptoed to my car. Hah - take that crows! Poop on me once, shame on you - poop on me twice, shame on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment