Sunday, November 20, 2011

Cat Attack!

I play the clarinet in a very informal woodwind quintet. Last Sunday, we were rehearsing at the flute player's house - as we have been for years. Things were going along smoothly and I was feeling like I was holding my own. When, out of the blue, I see something out of the corner of my eye, flying towards me. The CAT ATTACKED my clarinet! It leapt up and landed on my hands (since I was in the middle of playing) and I screamed. I jumped up and the cat went flying across the room. Since I am super allergic to cats, my hands started welting up. But why did it attack me? Why not the oboe or the bassoon? What about the clarinet did it not like? I think it sensed my incredible dislike for all cats and intuitively new I was the one to attack. Little does he know that he has now earned the #1 place on my cat hit-list.

No comments:

Post a Comment