Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What not to do at Christmas

The other day, I received in the mail a large box from my father. My dad had warned me it was coming and to go ahead and open it. So I did. What was inside? A box full of old Christmas crap. My dad and his wife are planning to move to a new state soon and I imagine he was "cleaning" out and thought I might be interested in this detritus from the past. While this was annoying (because now I had to wade through it and throw most of it out), what was most upsetting was that he returned the etched in pewter "baby and grandpa" first Christmas ornaments. What?! Who does that?! If you aren't interested in them, at least have the decency to hide them in a shoe box in your closet so when you die we can think that you loved the grandkids soooo much you couldn't bear to part with their ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment